My Photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, June 14, 2013

The Greatest Gift.

We've been so busy getting settled and just living life in our new, familiar home... I've written a million posts in my head but haven't taken the time to sit down and write, but today, something so wonderful happened that I need to make it a point to record here.

The kids have three half days left of school next week before the end of the school year. I was going to wait until then to give them their surprises, but I just couldn't (patience is not a virtue of mine - can you tell?). With all the moving, changes, etc. that's gone on in their lives - particularly the last year - with changing schools mid-year, etc., adjusting to a tougher curriculum back in NY so quickly, maintaining good behavior and grades, they deserved something they have been asking for for quite some time... Samsung tablets (well, they were asking for ipads, but there was a Mother's Day sale on the tablets that was more within my price range). Then, I downloaded Minecraft and I've got them eating right out of my hands.... =)

Jacob particularly is over the moon with all this - especially because he's had a chance to play this on his friend's ipad and fell in love and talked non-stop about it to his sister who could care less and was getting annoyed with the constant Minecraft chatter. Now that she's had a chance to play and has also fallen in love with it, the two of them were talking endlessly about Minecraft in the back seat during our errands today. It was SO cute. Jacob is thrilled that he can now share this with his sister and she's actually interested, and willing to carry on a conversation with him about it!

So, Jacob asked me to guess what his number one favorite present is that I've gotten him. I said, "The telescope?" (since that was his birthday gift and he went NUTS), and I guessed a few other things, but none of them were it. He told me his answer: "SYDNEY."

I almost had to pull over to hug the two of them and cry tears of gratitude. Sydney grabbed his arm and hugged it tight with the biggest smile ever, and I just GUSHED about how that was the most SWEETEST STINKING THING I've ever heard in my entire LIFE. How I got so blessed with these two amazing little souls, I'll never know, but I am eternally grateful.

(Remind me of this when they're in their teenage years..........) =P

2 comments:

Darla Wentz said...

This is awesome!!! I hope someday my boys stop fighting long enough to appreciate each other! :)

Darla Wentz said...

This is so awesome!! I hope someday my boys stop fighting long enough to learn to appreciate each other! :)Good job!